So I have gained a total of four pounds since starting the Glen, and a little over 5 pounds since January. I'm getting very frustrated. I've been exercising more, I've started doing weights/strength-training, I've been eating more green salads than ever before in my life and have been using less than 20 calories in dressing each time. And where does that leave me? Feeling like I did in November 2006: Awful. Fat. Expansive. Any other adjectives? It's really frustrating, because it's making me think the only reason I ever DID lose weight last year was because of the Metformin, and not my own efforts (my endocrinologist said it was ME, and not the Metformin), as I had hoped. And now, of course, I am not on Metformin, and haven't been since December 2007. I know I am still nearly 30 pounds lighter than I was (at one point this year I was MORE than 30 pounds lighter...), but still, I seriously feel like I'm walking around 30 pounds heavier. I feel like I'm waddling again when I walk, I feel like all my clothes are too tight, I feel like my thighs will knock out the next unsuspecting passer-by... what is going on? I know I haven't completely given up sweets, not even close, but why haven't my exercises combatted that? Why doesn't it count for anything that I've eaten so many salads? And I really have tried to limit the amount of sweets I take in each day, but today it sure feels like all I must have been eating is cake and ice cream, mozzarella sticks, and Doritos (which I haven't had but which sound really good!).
Signed,
Frustrated in CA
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Frustrated
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kirsten, I am RIGHT THERE with you! I have NO idea what is going on here! The amount I have been exercising is insane (although I haven't for the past two days so it's not posted). I have shin splints and sore muscles! But still no weight loss to show for it! AAARRRRGGGHHH!
I feel for you! I am totally plateaued...or however you spell that word. The other day I literally ate next to nothing and I gained a pound. Don't ask me how that happens! I feel like I can't cut anything else out of my diet...my calories are already super restricted!
We'll get this, ladies!
And Kirst, you're still one hot mama!!!
Post a Comment