Hi everybody! I am back from a longer absence than I wish I had taken. May was the month of family. They were in town, then I was out of town. That translated into a lot of laughs, fun, memory-making and.....FOOD. Lots of it. The tastes-so-good but is oh-so-bad for you kind.
So I am back, with renewed dedication to this blog, to expose all of my bad and good food and exercise choices, insomuch as my daughter allows me to get to my computer for a long enough stretch of time each day to post!
So today I had Cream of Wheat for breakfast, an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie (BAD) a few tasty little samples at Costco (who knew that I would try ice cream with berries and actually LIKE it? I always thought I would hate that. What is happening to my tastebuds? Are they...GASP....maturing!?!?), and my hubby made me one of the most delicious steaks I have ever had for dinner, paired with a HUGE baked potato (and sour cream and cheese of course) and a salad. Probably not the best dinner to have on my first day back being "good", but oh well. He said he wanted to make me a special dinner to show me how much he appreciates and loves me. He even served it to me on our special "blue plate"-a plate only used for special people on special occasions. How could I possibly say no to that??
And I had a big bowl of Breyer's vanilla ice cream with Hershey's chocolate syrup for dessert...so this being good thing after a month of bad is a little more difficult than I thought, OK?
I DID, however, exercise tonight! My goal is to get 15 minutes a day, minimum, at least 6 days a week. I worked out on the elliptical tonight for 25 minutes and burned 307 calories.
44 days to go til I need to be in a smaller size. I wanted single digits but I may have to settle for a 10. I did fit a size 8 skirt this weekend-very thrilling for me. I can't even remember the last time I DARED take a size 8 anything into the dressing room. Yes, it was tight, but I still got it around this waist and my leftover baby belly!
With renewed dedication and (hopefully) strength to make better choices,
G
Monday, June 2, 2008
Yo, Whad up dogs?
Posted by Genny at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment