Sorry I've been AWOL the last week. B and I went to Las Vegas for B's APA convention. I basically went for the food (have I ever mentioned how much I do not like Las Vegas?), which isn't helping matters, as I am currently X + 2.2 this morning. So last Sunday I ate cereal for breakfast (can't remember which kind) with fat-free milk, a peanut butter and jam sandwich with a string cheese for lunch, some trail mix and a couple Mentos at the airport to tide me over till dinner, water and peanuts on the plane, and then ... dinner. So delicious, so definitely unhealthy. We ate at the Asia restaurant in Bally's and had the Velvet Chicken Corn Soup (YUM), Fried Rice, Lemon Chicken (oh man, it could've been dessert, it was so good!), and the Stir-Fried Chicken with Roasted Cashews. Ok, so we both had the soup and rice, and B ordered the lemon chicken and I ordered the stir-fried chicken, but of course we shared with each other. It was so divine. Granted, we didn't eat ALL of it, but we ate plenty. Alas.
Exercise: walking around the airport and around the Paris and Bally hotels.
Monday: no breakfast (B had class at 8 and I was sleeping in), which put me in Desperate-Mode for lunch. B got us reservations at the Eiffel Tower restaurant, which was fun. As the elevator opened onto the kitchen, we were greeted with a cracker with smoked salmon. I split one with B because I wasn't sure if there were enough to go around. There was bread and butter at the table, and I ordered the Eiffel Tower hamburger and french-fry chips. And water. Dinner wasn't going to be until 7 (the APA reception), so to pass the time between 5 and 7, B and I had a cookie. Dinner was... lame. We were able to snatch a few little bites of cheese, a bit of caesar salad, a cracker or two, some gross mushroom risotto that I could only eat about 2 bites of, some water, and the last thing we were able to get to: more cookies. Two each. Yea, basically that was dinner. Cookies. Sad time for my tummy.
Exercise: Well, if the "Miracle Mile" shops at Planet Hollywood really is a mile long, then we got about 2 miles of walking in before dinner.
Tuesday: no breakfast again (see above). Lunch: Sbarro's pizza and lemonade. Dinner: Le Village Buffet. YUM. Lemonade to drink (should've done water, just to save on calories somewhere!). Can't remember exactly what food I ate, but I know there were bites of sausage, sweet potatoes, various vegetables, a Nutella and banana crepe (heavenly!), and who knows what else. SO delicious.
Exercise: 4 miles' worth of walking from the Paris hotel where we were staying to the Mandalay Bay and back (plus walking around the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, so a little over 4 miles total).
Wednesday: B was a dear and brought me some French toast for breakfast (1 slice of bread total) with maple syrup, and some orange juice. Lunch: water and a not-very-appetizing taco salad that I couldn't finish from MexItaly (or something like that) at Circus Circus before we played miniature golf. Since I lost (what's new?), we bought a bag of candy (gummy bears, gummy worms, Peach rings, etc.) that I snacked on the rest of the day (it was HARD not having things to snack on between meals!). Dinner: Le Café Ile St. Louis. I had Le Parisien sandwich (Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard, and ham), bread beforehand, and water to drink.
Exercise: Too tired. Just chilled in the hotel room after dinner.
Thursday: Got up early to have breakfast at Le Village Buffet before B went to class. I had some yogurt and berries, a couple of strawberries, and another Nutella and banana crepe, and water and orange juice to drink. Lunch: Pepperoni pizza and breadsticks from Pizza Hut at the airport. Munched on some Mentos afterward to attempt to freshen the breath. Cranberry juice and peanuts on the plane. Dinner: a bowl of Nums (aka cereal).
Exercise: Not really anything. Just walking where I needed to go, but nothing that would really count.
Friday: Nums with fat-free milk for breakfast. Probably a string cheese for mid-morning snack. Lunch was a bit of chicken enchiladas that Maria had made for the Boys. Then came our downfall, our delicious downfall: we made Hazelnut Ravioli and Chocolate Bundles with Chocolate Ganache (see the Sugar and Spice Recipes blog for the recipes), and I ate way too many of them, but boy, were they good. Dinner: Tortilla with a bit of Cheese Dip for the filling, salad.
Exercise: Nothing I can recall.
Saturday: Cinnamon-Apple-Peach Breakfast Pockets, made with yogurt, apples, cinnamon, and whole-wheat pita. I think I had peanut butter and honey for lunch, as well as salad. A late-afternoon bowl of Nums (we had to dash to a baptism that I was the chorister for, and we didn't know how long it would take, and I was starving). Dinner was stuffed shells and salad. And after the Boys were asleep, B, Maria and I had some ice cream with the chocolate ganache topping for dessert. And there was no real exercise. Thus my weight GAIN this week! Yikes. But anyway, I think that brings us up to speed.
Oh wait, today:
Fasted through breakfast and lunch. Broke our fast after Home Evening when we had strawberries and whipped cream for our home evening treat. Then I snacked on a few miniature candybars and a string cheese. For dinner I think we're going to make nachos out of whole-wheat tortillas. We'll see. No exercise today.
PS. I know my weight this week is up 2.2 lbs. from my Glen Starting Weight, but this is actually the same weight I was at a year ago. So I guess, looking at it that way, at least I'm maintaining. Sad though, that after a year's efforts, I'm not losing again. Some plateau, huh.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Where in the world is Kiddle97?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For being on vacation, I think you ate pretty great. And got lots of walking in, too. Good job!
I LOVE Vegas! We went last spring for my sisters wedding. Yes, she got married in Vegas. Very sad, actually...but as long as we were there, we had a ton of fun! I can't wait to go back. (
Is it bad that I so love Vegas? I guess I'm just kind of a heathen like that...you do have to go with blinders on and ignore lots of stuff. But there is so much fun stuff too!
I've been meaning to ask you, Alison, how your family is doing. Which sister got married in Vegas? Where is everyone these days and what are they up to? (Not that this information has anything to do with the purpose of the Glen, but still, I've been wondering.) If any of them remember me, do tell them I said hello, won't you?
Post a Comment