Oh my, what is up with me and cheesy rhymes?
April 9: CW, Salad, Eggos and Buttermilk Syrup, and a few pieces of Easter candy since we just got our Easter basket from the in-laws tonight. Lucky for me, it's mostly the kind of Easter candy I don't like :o)
April 10, CW for brunch, Eggos and buttermilk syrup for dinner (finally finished it off!).
It has become sadly apparent to me that the only way I lose weight is to eat very little. Lucky for me I am not feeling hungry. I've been lucky (in a manner of speaking) this week in that J hasn't been home for dinner at all, so I haven't had the calories I usually do at dinnertime. I've lost weight every day this week, which hasn't happened in....well, ever.
I am actually feeling encouraged that I might look decent before my brothers wedding (which is still, at this date, not even official...however, he did ask me my opinion on a couple of rings tonight!...ssssssssshhhhhhh don't say ANYTHING. He'd be so mad at me!!) However, I know that to lose I am going to have to keep this kind of diet up, which doesn't bother me a whole lot. What bothers me is knowing that the day I eat a little more than this is the day I gain a pound. It kind of ruins eating out for me. I cancelled a trip to Disneyland partly because I knew if I went I would be eating badly for three days and I didn't want to take that big a step backwards (my cancellation of the trip had nothing whatsoever to do with not wanting to spend 12 hours on a bus -6 of those hours being from midnight to 6 AM-, 3 nights in a hotel, and 16 hours in Disneyland with a 9 month old baby. Nothing at all.....my decision was completely health related. MENTAL HEALTH!!)
I just hope this keeps up for a few more weeks.
By the way, today was a MILESTONE day for me...I dropped into the next weight decade (I don't know what you call it when you drop into the next set of ten). I have made it here twice before, both times right before a vacation which shot me back up into the higher decade. I am determined to stay in this range and not shoot back up! Only about 4 1/2 pounds to go to reach pre-pregnancy!
Sorry if this is rambling, it's 1 AM and I have a headache!
Friday, April 11, 2008
April 10, say it again
Posted by Genny at 12:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Genevieve, you are so awesome. I call it a "weight decade" too! And CONGRATULATIONS. J owes you a nice surprise, even if it's a little teddy bear. B used to get me little things for each pound I lost (alas, he hasn't lately 'cause I haven't lost lately!) to help me stay motivated and encouraged, and when I'd hit a milestone like a new decade, he'd get something big like a movie or music or something. Still little, but big, if you get my meaning. It was a lot of fun and made it so I wanted even more to lose even just a pound a week, 'cause then I knew he'd come surprise me with a little teddy bear, or a bottle of lotion, and it would be so cute and thoughtful of him. I don't even remember all the things he gave me 'cause those didn't matter, it just mattered how sweet he was, and that it made me feel proud of my accomplishments. So, J, if you're reading this, do something for Genevieve of the Shady Glen!
Post a Comment