Well, I have almost been avoiding this, but I guess it is about time that I give my story. Before I went on my mission I weighed 110 pounds. On my mission I gained 50 pounds. I came back from my mission and lost some inches here and there, but for the last 5 years, I have not lost a single pound. Like I said, I have lost some inches, just not pounds. Instead it has been adding and adding and adding (especially with the pregnancy). I exercise faithfully and nothing happens. I eat healthier and smaller portions, and nothing changes (doing the exercising and eating together). I feel like I am at my wits end trying to get things to work. Just before Thanksgiving I started eating smaller portions and stopped snacking on candy throughout the day. As we are still organizing our house and going through all of our stuff, we have candy still from 4 years ago when we were first married, I have been throwing away all of the candy that we have in the house (except the most recent Easter candy since it is still eatable). We have a small snack bag of kisses from Craig's mom (which is our Easter candy) and I ate one yesterday and I can't remember before that when I ate one. Anyway, so I have been staying away from candy and sweets as much as possible. I have been walking on my treadmill at least 30-60 min. and doing my ball exercises, but nothing seems to happen. I had to stop the last 2 weeks because with organizing the house and getting the dishwasher in, we had to put everything in the room that I normally exercise in. I just thought that being a "part" of The Shady Glen would perhaps have people giving suggestions of things that they have done to help them loose weight and I wanted to see what others were doing to see if it would work for me. Anyway, this is my story.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cynthia, I feel your pain. That is how I felt when my PCOS was kicking in. Have you been checked for that (it requires an ultrasound)? That was mine and Kirsten's problem and once we figured out how to control it, we both lost weight.
I hope you will be able to find some things here that will help! But I really suggest getting checked for PCOS, and maybe thyroid problems as well. There is obviously something not right in your body if you are eating healthy and exercising. Something is getting in the way of your weight loss equation.
I actually have had a doctors appointment made, but it is still about 3 weeks away. I am going to go and talk to a doctor and see what can be done. I am hoping they get things figured out. One of the other doctors I went to said that it was caused from my depression. So, I am hoping that this new doctor will look into it and see what can be done.
Isn't that the most frustrating thing? When you KNOW that you are doing everything in your power to lose weight and nothing works? That by all accounts, you should have dropped a thousand pounds and instead you're gaining? That was probably my most depressed time, when I was trying so hard and gained insanely. I'm so sorry you're having similar troubles. Let us know how your doctor's appointment goes. And don't settle for a loser doctor, ok? My first endocrinologist was such a jerk, and didn't care to get to the bottom of everything; he was only interested in taking care of the symptoms, and not the problem, you know? I was soooooo glad when I got switched to a doctor who cared and wanted to find a solution and not just a cover-up. Good luck.
Post a Comment