Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One Day Down

Well, so far this blog is working! More than once today the thought "Do you want to have to write that on the blog?" went through my mind.

Here's the food list for the day:
Breakfast-oatmeal, half glass of milk
Lunch-salad
Dinner-Soup and bread bowl

Dinner was one of my "little successes" today. I love soup bread bowls, but when I have them I tend to use too much cheese and eat too much soup. So tonight I used less than one slice of cheese and didn't sprinkle any cheese or bacon bits on top of the soup (both of which I usually do) and instead used pepper for a little extra flavor. I also only cooked half of the can of soup so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole can (a difference of 160 calories!). I am glad I did that because by the time I finished dinner I was satisfied, but if I had had more soup sitting on the stove I totally would have eaten it, whether or not I felt full.

One *little* failure today was that I had brownies for dessert (small ones...usually we cut them VERY large). But I don't feel that bad. See, I managed to resist eating them all day long. AND I didn't have a glass of milk with them, saving another 100 calories. I told myself I couldn't eat them unless I spent 15 minutes on the elliptical, and I went 20. So I figure I earned a little reward :o)

I actually am looking forward to weighing in the morning! Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comments:

Leesa said...

Genny, I admire your resistance to temptation. I am a soup lover too. I wish I had your perseverance and courage! Best of luck to you in your efforts!
During my pregnancy with Savannah, a few years back, my midwife had me keep track of everything I ate to make sure I was eating correctly for the baby. I reported to her my downing of a Ding Dong, and she laughed and said I didn't have to be THAT truthful. In fact, as I think about it, each time I had a midwife I had to report my eating. It sure makes you more aware of what you put in your mouth when you have to tell someone with AUTHORITY what you have eaten. I couldn't have hidden my indulgence of that Ding Dong for anything! I felt too guilty (but it sure tasted FINE!)