Saturday, April 5, 2008

Didn't do so well today. It was Mitch's party, after all...

Let's see. Raisin Bran with fat-free milk minus the Froot Loops (couldn't handle them anymore). Some snitches of sugar-cookie dough. Some sugar cookies. Some snitches of frosting (yea, I checked the calories on the frosting AFTER I'd eaten it. There's like 150 calories in just two tablespoons! What was I thinking?? That one's gotta stop). Two 4-inch Sub sandwiches (one for lunch, one for dinner). Carrots, cauliflower and celery with veggie dip (lite). Strawberries, grapes and apples. A brownie with ice cream. A couple tootsie rolls. Some pretzels.

Oh yea, and I haven't exercised all week. No wonder I gained. Ugh. However, now Mitch's birthday and subsequent party are over, Easter is over, and hopefully I have new-found resolve to handle my Boys better so that by the time I get them to bed I'm not completely exhausted (last week I had the Boys to myself 3 of the nights due to Brent's meetings, and this coming week I'll be bed-timing them by myself 3 nights due to meetings and class for Brent, so I'm hoping I do better this week. Last week was rough) so I can start exercising again and not just want to flop on the couch with a bowl of popcorn.

MUST DO BETTER!

5 comments:

kiddle97 said...

Oh, and a glass of lemonade.

Genny said...

I forgot to add a cupcake to my list, so you don't have to feel too bad.

Forget this week and start with new resolve for the next. I was thinking maybe we should also be required to post each day whether we exercised or not. Maybe that will humiliate me into exercising, even just a few minutes, each day.

Does Spring Cleaning-major Spring cleaning-count as exercise? I've been doing that the past 2 days.

kiddle97 said...

Oh, I think that's excellent, to have us report if we've exercised. Like I said, I haven't exercised in days. I've been so exhausted just from Mom-ing! But that shouldn't be an excuse. After all, do I want to lose weight or not? How badly do I want it? Badly enough to get off my toosh and exercise instead of watching a movie on the couch? We have the elliptical in the living room, after all. I can do two things at once (exercise and watch a movie). So, starting manana, let's post if we have exercised or not.

Marsha said...

Are you planning to invite others to participate in this blog if they want? I am sure you'd get takers. I need to lose 15-20 by the end of summer just in case there is a wedding (no announcement, just trying to be prepared) - since the other mom is skinny and beautiful.

Leesa said...

Marsha, none of that now! You ARE beautiful. Don't you hate what middle age does to us? I think of the quote from It's A Wonderful LIfe - "Youth is wasted on the young" - and wish I had been wiser when I had my youth.